new focus, sat nav problems

Hello,

I have a new Focus which has a 'solar-reflect' windscreen, also 'quick-clear' heated windscreen. I am thinking of getting a sat nav unit (Tom-tom or Garmin) but I read that there may be a problem receiving the GPS signals through the widscreen. Is this true ?

If I have to have an external aerial for the GPS, where & how should I fit it, is it a DIY or workshop job.?

Thanks

KK

Reply to
dido22

In message , dido22 wrote

The Tomtom units that have been on sale for the past year have a more sensitive receiver (SiRFstar III) and you should have no problems with athermic and heated windscreens.

Older receivers worked with heated front screens but not with athermic screens.

Reply to
Alan

My TomTom One V2 works fine with a my Mondeo heated windscreen.

But, a friend says that his Vauxhall with the reflective windscreen blocks the signal.

Best bet ... Borrow a satnav and try it!

Al.

Reply to
Al