Cooling Fan Check?

Sine having my oil cosumption problem I've started getting quite paranoid about things with my Focus....

I'm sure my cooling fans used to come on quite often, and now I never hear them come on......I know its getting to winter now so they won't need to work as much because of the ambient temperature but is there anyway of bridging owt to see if they kick into life?

I've just read below that one of the fans is for air-conditioning?? And air-con auto turns on when the blower is on and switched to windscreen mode? Have I read that correctly? And if thats true should one of the fans come on instantly when the air-con is on or when windscreen blower is selected?

My temp gauge reads just below half way when engine has been running for a while.....I'm sure before my needle used to read just above half way.......again anything to check/watch out for?

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
Chris