Noise from front of car

Hey, is someone out there going to advise me? Following my coil going, then my speedo, my fuel guage is now stuck on zero (that has happened before)! Anyway that's an aside for now: no-one's yet made any suggestion about my mystery noise, so here is the post again:

"I have a Ford Focus zetec estate 1596cc (1999, 130 000 miles). It makes a noise - rattly sort of noise(sounds like front offside) - when on the road. You notice it when coasting (foot off accelerator) but it goes when clutch pedal is depressed. Also, it slows right down with road speed as you come to a halt.

Three garages have been consulted - two of them Ford dealers. They want to start replacing parts and possibly removing transmission and clutch just to see if it cures it without finding out the cause for sure first.

Any sugestions? It is bad enough for me to think it needs fixing rather than just living with it. One other thing: it seemed to develop suddenly rather than gradually over time."

Can anyone pleaase help?? (Please?)

Reply to
Mike2

I've recently solved an annoying front end rattle. It was caused by the wheel arch liner not being correctly replaced- it hadn't been located over the lug at the top of the wheelarch. Removing and refitting it correctly soved the issue.

Since you state depressing the clutch stops the noise I doubt you have the same problem though I was finding that my rattle was lessened with the clutch down and foot off the throttle, presumably due to less engine and powertrain vibration.

Reply to
Tim