Not buy Ford Focus before a certain year?

Hi there,

I plan to buy a Ford Focus (in Sweden). Often when you talk about buying a car people say things like "don't buy a car of that brand that is made year X or before because they have these and these problems that are corrected after year X...". So my question is, what is year X for Ford Focus (if any) and why?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Mattias

Reply to
Mattias

In message , Mattias writes

There is no year X for the Focus. They have all been pretty good. In fact some of the older ones might be better than the newer ones but to be honest its a very good car whatever year you buy.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , Mattias writes

No big issues with the european produced cars, but I believe some quality improvements were made after the summer of 2000. The first cars were produced late in 1998 as model 1999. Early cars have probably been fixed by now, with a few recalls and some extended warranty. The Focus has scored high for quality in both by Tüf (Germany) and English quality statistics. You might want to check the front sway bar link rods and rear wheel bearings though. Don't be put off by reading about the American Focus car recalls, seems they have cheaper parts from other subcontractors, that don't measure up. Lycka till, /per

Reply to
per

As others have indicated, the US year 2000 has lots of problems. From what I've read in this group, that is not the case for the European 2000 model. To be sure though, I would stay away from the 2000. Good luck. jor

Reply to
jor

I had a 2001 and the only thing I kwow about is a leaking power steering pump wich has an extended warranty to 60 000 km.

Reply to
Kjell Harnesk

HI

I have a focus year 2003 no pb