Putting in a bigger engine

I want a Focus that will go from 0-60 in less than seven seconds. I was wondering, how big of an engine would I need to get that and could I get Ford to do it for me under these 'build your own' things? Would this be expensive?

Reply to
iwhtcimtlfmwmaomopw

It would cost a lot of money!

You're better off doing it on your own with mates who knows stuff about engines.

Reply to
Tony Sutton

Simpler way would be to buy a Focus ST. Official figures 0-62mph in 6.8sec from a 2.5L 225ps engine.

D.

In alt.autos.ford.focus snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Would be easier to buy a used Focus RS or the recent ST should although cut it, iirc.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Better go for the ST. The RS is not a car for the average driver :)

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

i.e not a cypriot ;)

Reply to
Paul Johnson

..an Englishman, an American, or a Greek. When you sit behind the wheel of the RS you must know what you're doing. I've seen people buy it and sell it in 3 months time.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

I give you gud price.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I may have fooled you, but my english is not that good... I didn't understand a thing :)

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

Or do the sensible thing and *don't* buy a focus?!

Reply to
Ride

This one would exceed your requirements:

Tony Wesley