Re: Don't understand Ford...

In alt.autos.ford.focus SimonLW :

Ford has the SVT Focus in hatchback form. Now that this is gone, they have a > 2.3 liter engine available only in the sedan but not in the hatchback. I'd > think it would make sense to have the engine available in the hatchback > model. But NO! Go figure...

Strange over here (Germany) and possibly the rest of Europe, there is a Focus ST with 2.5l 5 cylinder engine, 225 Hp (iirc) but you don't get it as wagon! The new S-Max can be ordered with this engine. Nice, but it's a far to large car for my taste.

Anyway as fuel prices go up it might not be that bad and my 2l wagon runs well enough, it easily blasts the speedo. In any case the 2.5l engine would guzzle far more fuel.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

In alt.autos.ford.focus SimonLW :

Iirc official Vmax (Focus ST 2.5l) is about 153|246 mi/h|km/h, might be even a little more in reality. Lately got with A/C running 136|215 mi/h|km/h (lowlands) out of my 2l wagon according to GPS, while registration says "only" 125|201 mi/h|km/h.

I am pretty lucky with handling especially after mounting a complete suspension kit

beforeroad holding was a bit soft for my taste. YMMV

Reply to
Michael Heiming

225HP here in the states would be awesome, but I don't think Ford will ever do it. I do think that the success of the tuner sedans in the world market is why the 2.3L isn't available in the 3 or 5 door hatch now. If you want to feel better about the lack of engine, get the new ground effects package they have now on the 2006 and '07 models. A HUGE improvement in appearance and no one identifies my car immediately as a Focus. I love my car (photos upon request).

Still, I drive 50 miles each way to work and as Simon eluded to, gas prices are getting really out of hand... It's a trade off.

--Shelle

Reply to
Shelle

Reply to
Patrick Bennington

You should see what the deep blue (2006 color) does for it. ;)

The 2007 blue they are offering... well that's more of a "1994 Chevy Cavalier Aqua".

Reply to
Shelle