Re: New Focus 2.3 engine ......

When?

> > Odd. I just bought a 2000 Focus. I asked the salesperson what he had > > without ABS brakes. All he had were 3 Foci one with manual trans. If you > > know how to drive ABS brakes suck especially in snow. There are just times > > when you want to lock all four. > > > > DG > > When would that be? > > > Benjam> > : > > > > : >Found ABS very hard to > > : >find on any Foci on lots around here and side airbags (which i would > have > > : >sprung for) impossible to find. > > > > : I see nothing much has changed in the past two years. I went to my > local > > : dealer in Florida, and asked to see a Focus with ABS. "Oh, well then > you > > : want a ZTS," said the salesman. Of course, in the 2001 model year you > > : didn't *have* to get a ZTS to get ABS; it's just that they didn't have > any > > : ABS-equipped SEs. (For the benefit of non-US readers: ZTS is the > > : top-of-the line model, SE is the middle-level car.) I suspect the only > > : reason he even had a ZTS with ABS was that they came as standard > equipment. > > > > : It was the same deal with side airbags. I wanted these because two > other > > : cars I was looking at, the VW Golf and the Mazda Protege ES, both had > them. > > : The dealer searched his network and found a whopping *one* car in a > > : two-county area that had side airbags. I'm told that sidebag-equipped > cars > > : also come with two headrests mounted on the rear seats. To get an idea > of > > : the scarcity of this option, look in the back window of the Focii you > see > > : driving around town. *Try* to find one with rear headrests. Don't hold > > : your breath while looking. > > > > : This doesn't seem to be limited to Ford, either. The Mazda dealer said > he > > : could probably find one. A Nissan dealer I talked to told me flat-out > he > > : couldn't get one, even though ABS is prominently mentioned in the Sentra > > : brochure. Attention automakers: It's not enough to offer an option; > you > > : actually have to get these cars into your dealers' hands! > > > > : Funny that you had trouble finding ABS in Syracuse. The excuse the > dealers > > : gave me was, "The factory shipped all the ABS cars up north, since they > need > > : it more up there." > > > > : >I agree with others that the sound of the turn signal is a bit jarring > [...] > > > > : Is this the same muted click the 2001 models have? I liked it from the > > : start. It sounds like something you'd find on a more expensive car. > > > > : >I love the telescoping steering column > > : >and the feel of the small diameter, beefy, leather-wrapped steering > wheel. > > > > : Me too. The steering wheel is the part of the car you touch the most, > so > > : it's important to get this right. I think the small diameter is sporty > > : feeling. > > : -- > > : Benjamin Robinson > snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us > > : This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to > decide > > : "I'm a reasonable man, get off, get off, get off my case. > > : I'm a reasonable man, get off my case, get off my case." -- > Radiohead > > > > -- > > Dave Grimshire > > Technician Dalhousie University > > (902) 494-2012 > > >
Reply to
FocusGhia

Very unpredictable circumstances the use of which requires considerable skill. I think nearly everyone and the drivers around them, is much better off with ABS. Especially when you consider that in the US, getting a drivers license requires virtually no driving skills.

Reply to
Zip Disk