Re: UK Spec Focus TDCI Differences

No - there are 2 variants of the TDCI (Duratorq) unit.

"Acedrew" wrote in > news:3f0b108e$0$15040$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com: > > > Can anyone educate me as to what the mechanical differences are > > between the 100 & 115 BHP flavour TDCI Focus TDCI models? > > > > > > > > Dont you mean TDDI? (100bhp) and TDCI (115bhp)???
Reply to
Acedrew

Thats my conclusion so far too.

It would be nice if someone with inside knowledge could confirm.

Reply to
Acedrew

I can't confirm it, but another message I read on a UK forum was that the turbos themselves have different part numbers, but everything else is the same mechanically. Judging by the different outputs given for "chip tuning" of the two motors, it seems the turbo is smaller on the 100ps model.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

On the duratorq Transit models you tell the enging output by a sticker on the turbo so i would guess the turbo has a different actuator and theres a different MAP in the ECU.

Ask on

MC.

Reply to
Mark C