Rough Running Focus

My wife has mentioned to me that her Focus 00' LX with 49,000 mile has been running rough while at a stop or, while she is slowing down. She says that it almost feel/sounds like its going to stall. The fuel filter was replaced about six weeks ago. The tech at the dealership after examining the vehicle stated that the pressure from the fuel pump registered low at one point. He went on to say that the fule pump will need to be replaced . The cost with installation: $565.00USD. Hmmm. Anyone in this forum had such an experience with this vehicle please respond. The wife is ready to trade and I see an upgrade coming. We like her Focus and it has/is a good car for her. Thanks in advance.

Ed Heyden

Reply to
Ed Heyden

Sheila R. Hudson

I can't help you with your problem but if you have to get a new fuel pump you may want to check out "AC Delco on the web I think their phone # in the US is 866 826 5720 or

800 661 8335 or in Canada 519 822 9831 The price is $272 Cdn. this is a lot less than the dealers price at $450 Cdn. Part # MU2017.
Reply to
Tom Kirkpatrick

Have you tried a bottle of the Chevron Techtron ? Opt for the more expensive as the cheaper container is just a diluted version...it's usually around $8 - $10. (US) a bottle and should fix it in one bottle if the problem is dirty injectors as it also cleans the whole fuel system at the same time. I have used it for years and several different Ford products - Tempo , Ranger and now Focus with no problems and good sucsess. Good luck as it won't hurt... Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

I had a similar problem with my 00 Focus SE. It was at a lower mileage though. Dealer replaced a cracked Vehicle Management Valve (VMV).

My focus would idle very rough and sometimes stall.

-Doug snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com

Reply to
Doug Stewart