servicing

How much is a 12 month service on a 1.6 LX focus at a main dealers?

Reply to
STEPHEN WORTHINGTON

I'm tempted to say "too much" for what amounts to an oil and filter change!

It varies a bit because certain things don't coincide with every service, but is generally about GBP125 at my dealer.

The tricky bit it would seem is finding a dealer you can trust to do all that they should, and without them breaking bits off the car. I have steel wheels, and always remove the plastic trims before a trip to the dealer because they were broken at the first service and crudely superglued back together. The other thing that always seems to get broken (assuming the pollen filter is due to be changed) aree plastic clips under the bonnet that are part of the pollen filter cover.

HTH

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In message , Chris Whelan writes

Ditto here.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Check the car carefully before you leave the dealer. I am just getting rid of my Focus1.6 Zetec after 5 years. The interior is pretty tough and the only damage is 2 lots caused on separate occasions by my local Ford dealer.

Check the service order form carefully - it took a lot of insistence and 2 referrals from the young receptionist to someone who knew one end of a car from the other before they finally accepted that I was right and they were wrong over the service required.

Check the invoice carefully. At 4 years old when the car needed new discs, air con fixed, drop links sorted and a service the dealer tried to overcharge me £100. It finally took a letter to someone senior in the holding company to get it resolved.

Sadly my experience of Ford and Vauxhall dealers is that they only want to extract money and have neither the will nor the know-how to fix problems.

When I had a Nissan the dealer never put a foot wrong.

My wife has a Mazda MX5 and we are so impressed by the service of John Pease Mazda (and the fact that the car arrived with no faults whatsoever) that I am replacing my Focus (which arrived with a list of faults) with a Mazda 3.

Reply to
Hugh

it is US$60 here in Turkey. It includes Mobil 1 oil, air filter, oil filter, tire rotation, car wash and interior vacuum. If you need to change the pollen filter, add $15.

ahmet

'01 wagon 1.6 liter

Reply to
dragon

In alt.autos.ford.focus dragon suggested:

Well if it wouldn't be that far, I'd think about it. A reasonable priced Ford Dealer over here, a little luck and you get away with

3x your price in Euro, excluding "tire rotation, car wash and interior vacuum" of course.
Reply to
Michael Heiming