Shopping for a ZX5

I want to start looking for a ZX5. Trouble is one of the options I want is traction control. For 2004 this option seems only to be available with the 130hp 2.0L engine and is not available on cars w the 2.3L engine and those seem to be few and far inbetween and non existent in New York where I'm told there is a $1300 rebate for the "green" 2.3L engine

Can I get traction control, full power equipment and full air bags on the earlier models? Any pointers to places to find specs on non-current models?

Or should I just wait and get a 2005. There doesn't seem to be much advantgae to buying used as the ZX5 seems rare enough that it holds more value than the sedans.

TIA jt

Reply to
jt

Have you asked your dealer to search for what you want ? I'd think SOMEWHERE in Ford they'd be able to check inventory to see where one is at...I know - I'm dreaming but I gotta try. Where are you located at anyway ??? Then we can talk seriously. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Well, Ford dealers let you search their inventory online. At least, they do that in my area (Chicago).

Reply to
NoRemorse

Good dealers yes...but a lot I run into are trying to push you off into whatever they have on the lot...or what can you afford as a monthly payment. When I ran into idiots like that I'd call the dealer and tell them why I wouldn't buy from them because if they don't take me seriously I'll find someone that does...and did too. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Same here in my area (Florida). I wanted a 2001 ZTS with the side air bags, and they were able to locate one the next county over. If it's out there, your dealer should be able to locate the ZX5 of your dreams -- although it may have to be shipped in long-distance if it carries a really obscure combination of options.

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson

Thanks for the sugestions but:

There seems to be very low stock now I went to Manhattan Ford, a Ford owned dealership, and they didn't have any ZX5s in stock. I figured I'd look around for a used one but don't know if I'm likly to get options I want so may have to wait for the 2005s to show up

jt

Reply to
jt