Speedometer (snelheidsmeter)

I have got a problem with my speedometer for a while now. Seems to be related to an elecreic problem. It occurs especially when it's cold (

Reply to
Peter Groenen

Focus's do suffer from gearbox speed sensor faults - might be worth a go down this route - easy to replace too!

MC. UK.

-------

Reply to
Mark C.

Would you be kind enough to explain how to replace the VSS please? I have the same problem, I can locate the sensor but cannot see how to remove it. All I have succeeded in doing so far is breaking off a plastic clip! There seems to be a roll pin below the sensor. (The plastic clip was hooked over this). Is this the pin that has to be removed as mentioned in the Haynes manual? If so, I can't see any way that I would be able to get it out, it's very tight and not very accessable. I'd be grateful for advice as my speedo takes a dive to zero, together with the slight power loss, 3 or 4 times a day now.

TIA

Chris Whelan.

Reply to
Chris Whelan