Steering responsiveness

I find the steering on my 1999 focus estate a litle too responsive/sensitive to the road surface. (I drive a lot on roads with an uneven surface, camber etc). I'm not suggesting it is a fault: just a feature of the car.

Does anyone else agree with me?

Reply to
Mike2

I agree the steering is responsive, but I have no complaint with that. Great steering and brakes are hallmarks of the Focus.

Rob

==================

"Mike2" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge

In alt.autos.ford.focus Mike2 :

Got seasick in my Focus before replacing springs and shock absorbers with something working. Steering is fine.;)

Reply to
Michael Heiming

I find my North American Focus to be rather sensitive with it comes to hitting bumps and whatnot round a corner. Especially if acclerating, the wheel tends to jerk back and forth when hitting a bump. Maybe all cars are like this, dunno.... My Focus is the first car I've owned.

Reply to
Aaron Menchions

In alt.autos.ford.focus Aaron Menchions :

You don't have it anymore?

Anyway, one should avoid heavy acceleration with a front driven car in cramped corners, drive shafts will thank it with a long live.;)

[..]
Reply to
Michael Heiming

All the way. Definitely a feature, not a bug. Surely a matter of personal taste, however, so I acknowledge those who prefer a softer car, in this and other respects.

But for those of us who like "road feel," the Focus is a good choice. I can honestly say it was a huge factor in why I bought the car.

Reply to
Atlas Bugged

"Atlas Bugged" wrote

I was instantly at home when I drive the demo in November 1999. It was a bone stock 5-speed sedan, with the economy engine and tires, and in spite of that I was completely convinced it was the car I'd always wanted. And you know what? It still is.

Reply to
Dave Gower

:>I find the steering on my 1999 focus estate a litle too :>responsive/sensitive to the road surface. (I drive a lot on roads with an :>uneven surface, camber etc). I'm not suggesting it is a fault: just a :>feature of the car. :>

:>Does anyone else agree with me?

I went from occasionally driving my parent's 2001 Focus Wagon to owning an '02 ZX5 and thought there was a big difference. Then I sold the ZX5 to my brother about a year ago and bought an '04 SVT Focus. Now that is some responsive steering. That combined with the revised SVT suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes has saved my bacon a number of times in city traffic to and from work everyday.

me/2

Reply to
me/2