Stereo volume control

Is there any way to replace a factory stereo and still use the steering wheel controls in a 2003 Focus SVT?

Reply to
Mr. Brian Allen

Probably, write to snipped-for-privacy@de-codes.co.uk at Alcester Auto Electronics they should have plenty of car units with a matching adapter to make Your steering column control work.

Reply to
Kjell Harnesk

:>Is there any way to replace a factory stereo and still use the steering :>wheel controls in a 2003 Focus SVT? :>

Check out the SVT Focus section at the SVT Owner's Association website at

I believe I'veseen message threads there on that subject. I sort of remember itbeing possible but only on a limited number of aftermarket radios andusing a pricey and hard to find adapter. Good luck from another SVT Focus owner.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

Any clutch problems??

Reply to
FanJet

:>me/2 wrote: :>> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:32:31 -0400, "Mr. Brian Allen" :>> wrote: :>>

:>>>> Is there any way to replace a factory stereo and still use the :>>>> steering wheel controls in a 2003 Focus SVT? :>>>>

:>>

:>> Check out the SVT Focus section at the SVT Owner's Association website :>> at

I believe I've:>> seen message threads there on that subject. I sort of remember it:>> being possible but only on a limited number of aftermarket radios and:>> using a pricey and hard to find adapter.:>>

:>> Good luck from another SVT Focus owner. :>>

:>Any clutch problems?? :>

Nope, none at all. Mines an '04 build date of 1/28/04, arrived at dealer 2/13/04 and I drove it home 2/14/04. I have seen postings on the SVTOA forums that SVT has finally come up with a fix for the '02, '03 and early '04 clutch problems. According to people who say they have had it done the fix works. They stated that the part numbers on the service reports indicate SVT is using '04 clutch parts to fix the problem. The reason some 04's also had the problem was that apparently the early production 04's had the same clutch parts as the '02 and '03 models. Then somewhere down the line they started using the updated parts on the '04 builds and once that proved to fix the problem they started using those parts to fix the earlier cars.

me/2

Reply to
me/2