Strange noise coming from the front part of my car

I bought a 2004 ford focus se in March 2004. After three month, there was some noise coming from the front part of my car whenever I stopped at traffic light, like some vibration, not very loud. I sent the car to the dealership and the noise was gone after they lube the brake. But last week, I heard the noise again, people in the dealership told me there might be some problem with the transmission mount, totally different from what I heard last time.

Any ideas? I didn't expect to have a problem with my car only after such a short time.

Reply to
michelle2005

It's really hard to comment without actually hearing the noise. The best way is to actually have a good technician riding in the car to hear it. But these things can come and go, particularly at this time of year (if you have winter weather where you live).

When you say they "lube the brake" I presume this means the calliper mount (brakes themselves should always be clean of lubricant). This does not sound dangerous, but there may be dirt lodged somewhere, or unusual wear in a pad or rotor. The only way is to pull it apart and look.

I don't know who told you about a transmission mount, but that should make a noise at various times, not just stopping.

The actual cause may be something quite different, some loose vibrating item. There's been cases of weird noises that turned out to be a mechanic's tool left under the hood.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Get yourself a calendar, even keep last years. Write down the symptoms, repairs, and dealer responses. Keep thos calendars as well as the repair reports.

If at one point you become very unsatified, then you might need this information is the car is a lemon.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

I have a 2003 ZX5 with a little over 40k miles on it and starting at the end of December 04, I started having the same symptoms. Almost non existant from first start-up, and slowly becomes more noticeable. It sounds worse sitting still in reverse. And it is worse after about 20-30 mile of driving. (My Guess it gets warmed up.) Sounds a bit like a hammer tapping on the underbody? I suspect it might be the Transmission Mount Bushings??, but I haven't had it up on a lift yet. Dan

Reply to
Dan