What is Ford policy on TSBs

I found the TSB I was looking regarding cluncking and rattling sounds from the front end. It is TSB #03-20-2 and was recently released. I involves loose front strut fasteners. It also involves checking for misalignment of the upper strut bearing and possible replacement. Page 1 can be found here:

and page 2 of the TSB here:
I have a 2000 ZX3 with about 36,000 Klms. The car was bought 2 months ago without a warranty but from a Ford dealership here in Nova Scotia. Would there be a cost associated with the work given that it is a TSB and not a recall?

Ron

Reply to
Rockin Ronnie

Absolutely!

Reply to
Mr. Music

I know that the TSB 03-20-2 says it is a "For Information Only" TSB, however I just had my 03 ZX5 in the dealership complaining of front end noise, grinding and crunching at low speeds. I took my car in ARMED with this TSB and they performed this TSB and WALAA my Focus does not crunch and grind any longer.

And it was FREE. :)

I was still covered under the Bumper to Bumper.

-- Dan

03 ZX5 22k miles "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana
Reply to
Dan

Right, the Warranty paid for the repair, not the TSB.

Unlike a recall which would pay for the repair when out of warranty.

Reply to
Mr. Music