62,500 mile service

Hi,

I have a 2000/W Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec which has just reached the service interval of 62,500 miles. Will this be a general or major service? Also, at this stage in its life, is it worth keeping up the full DSH?

Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Greenough

At this stage, personnally I would use a trusted (recommeded by someone) local garage who will follow the Ford schedule. And be familiar with using the correct oil in the Zetec engine!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Many thanks Tim.

Just need to find a descent garage now then. Any ideas what sort of price I would be looking to pay for a 62.5k service???

Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Greenough

Tim,

Would you recommend the AA service centres or any of the main stream service centres?

Reply to
Mark Greenough

Havent a clue, cos I havent the schedule of what should be done in front of me, or what was done at your 50,000mile service. You may need new brake pads (and discs) or you may not. I will be having brake fluid renewed and front discs done at my 50k service. Your car may have already had these...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Wouldn't the owner's manual give you an idea by listing what should be done at that time?

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

In message , Mark Greenough writes

If the car has been serviced at the correct intervals, a 62.5k service will be a standard (minor) service. I still have mine done at a Ford dealer but generally haggle to get a reasonable deal.

There's a Ford dealer near me that is quite cheap but not got a great reputation. They put their prices on their web site so I just print it off and take it to another local Ford dealer who match the cheaper price.

You might want to take a look to get some idea of prices.

A standard service there on a Focus costs £118.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Many thanks for all the help guys.

I have booked it into the local Ford dealer. £110. I'll just wait for the repair bill to come through now...

Ta. Mark

Reply to
Mark Greenough

I would have thought at 62500 miles (100000km) that a timing belt change would be required. What is the t-belt interval on the Zetec engine?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Originally 80,000 for Zetec E, 100,000 for SE. According to my local dealer, now 100,000 miles for both engine types.

Not sure I'm going to leave it that long though........

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yeah thats right. 100,000 miles for TB.

The service went well. Still don't need to have the brakes disks changed. although they are getting close. They have never been changed since new.

However, I need to have a gear leaver return spring changed??? £51

Reply to
Mark Greenough

In message , Mark Greenough writes

Sorry for the late reply. I hope you haven't paid to have the return spring done.

Have a look here how to do it yourself for less than £4 :-

Paul Giverin