'02 F150 Auto/w elec 4WD - 4WD clutch fuse blown

The 30A fuse protecting the motor/clutch to engage the 4WD continues to blow. When the switch is turned, the 4x4 light comes on, but it does not engage. When the switch is turned back to 2wd, the 4x4 light stays on until the ignition is turned off. Before I head off to the mechanic, does anyone have any ideas on things I can check first? I want to check the obvious things to hopefully save a little money. Thanks for any help!

Reply to
gatech84