1981 F100 Front Suspension

My 81 does not handle very well despite no obvious problems. Any suggestions such as where to start replacing parts or any available upgrades.

Thanks, Rusty

Reply to
rsmith

Have you jacked it up to look at it yet?

Reply to
Jimbo

Yes Only obvious thing I found was wheel bearings that needed tightning up. That helped a little but there is still lots of room for improvement.

Reply to
rsmith

Stupid comments but I'm assuming you've tried the simple things such as inflating tires, alignment, etc.

Reply to
Jimbo

check the radius arm bushings where they mount to the frame. Bought a truck from my father that had made it through two alignments with the cups pounded out causing the front axle to move forward and back a 1/4"

Reply to
CNC Solutions

Thanks, but those have already been replaced. I wonder if it could be the king pins or just the sum of a high mileage front-end.

Reply to
rsmith

??? Kingpins???

Ball joints, or inner / outer tie rod ends, maybe, and alignment.

Reply to
Spdloader