1987 F-150 question

My accelerator cable busted on my '87 F-150. I went ahead and bought the replacement cable. The pieces are crimped on both ends so I assume that it should install as one piece as it sits. I only took a quick look under the hood when it broke and it is very easily accessible but I didn't look at it close enough to see how easy it is to replace. When the rain stops and it's warm enough outside, I will by changing it out. Any advice from those that may have made this repair themselves to make it go as quick as possible? Appreciate any comments.

Reply to
Mark Cranford