1990 Ranger leak

I have a 1990 Ranger that has a leak causing water from rain or melting snow to accumulate on the floor boards of the drivers side. Have checked extensively to locate the source but unsuccessful so far. Seems to be from the cowl area. Was told it wasn't around the windshield but ? Anyone know of a chronic problem in this area or do I just keep searching?

Reply to
Don K

I had a similar situation with an 87 Ranger. Turned out to be a very small pinhole in the heater core leaking. My tell tale sign was the heated water smell. However, another cause may be a drain hose which is under the hood below the vents at the base of the windshield. Have a look and see if it is connected. It should drain below the firewall.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Reply to