1993 F150 I6 300ci aux mech oil pressure/H2O temp gauge install

Need help. I recently purchased a '93 F150 SuperCab w/ I6, 4x4, 5spd,

156k miles. I want to install an auxilliary mechanical oil pressure gauge. I bought the Summit Racing dual OP/WT guage set (SUM-G2924) and hope to install it soon. My desire for this is that approx 8 yrs ago I owned a '77 Scout Traverler with a 4cyl (196ci), the motor later died. I replaced it with the 345ci of that era. One day the stock oil pressure guage died. I mechanic took a quick look at it and indeed it was the guage/sender, not the lack of oil pressure. I then bought the Summit dual OP/WT guage set for it and the install was easy, oil pressure tap was on the side of the engine block, H2O sensor install was on the top by the carburator.

I don't have a service manual yet for it and I want to get it installed soon. Where on this I6 engine can I install the NTP tap for the oil pressure, and for that matter where can I install the water temp sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ryanw59

I have an older version of that engine, but I'm thinking the locations of each sender would still be the same.

Oil sending unit is on the drivers side of the engine. Look for the wire attached to the sender just below the head and toward the rear of the engine.

Water temp sending unit is on the opposite side of the engine. Again trace the wire to the sending unit.

Both my gauges are the mechanical type. I used a copper line for the oil gauge, not the plastic junk that came with the gauge. Installing the water temp unit can be a bit messy. Have a 'plug' ready to keep the flow of coolant down. Doing this installation when the engine is cool, is the way to go. If either of your gauges are electrical, make sure you use a conductive tape or a copper sealant on the threads.

It's a smart move, what you are doing.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt