oil pressure. :)

Thought that constant 70-80psi was a bit off. One nice new shiny sensor later and it's right back down to 40psi where it should be.

Oddly, idle is a bit better. :/ I thought the oil pressure sender had zippo to do with the ECU, it's not mentioned in the monitored circuits.

I'd do a writeup, but for crying out loud it's easier than the O2 sensor. Normally I rate things by beer meter, but this doesn't even rate an O'Doul's.

FWIW, The 93 ZJ 4.0 I6 used NAPA ECH OP6695

The stock part had a bit of sealant on the back few threads. Since I didn't have any thread sealant (just locker and RTV) I used some teflon tape on the back threads. No leaks on testing so it should be just fine. If it ever does leak I'll just have to buy another tube of stuff for the garage.

The hardest part was getting a wrench on it that didn't hit the AC lines.

Reply to
DougW

The teflon tape can interfere with the ground on the sensor sometimes so if it acts strange some day down the road, think there.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

Yea, normally I use the right seelant, but this time there wasn't anything in the garage to use. That's why I only put it on the back few threads, reasoned it would cut through against the metal. I could have just threaded it in but the fitting didn't have a taper.

Reply to
DougW

The fitting probably does have a taper, but a lot of them use a 1/8" short NPT thread and it can be hard to see the taper, but what you did should be fine.

Chris