1999 expedition radio

the radio cuts off when I go from park to reverse and from neutral to reverse it does not do it in any other gear sometimes the low washer fluid light will come on during this time all other electronics work fine thanks for any help RSH

Reply to
Rhodes Hall

I guess I can ask some questions. Has it always done this, and if not, was any work done that might have caused a wiring problem? Do you notice anything else that might indicate a battery or other electrical problem?

The radio cuts of when you shift, does it stay off while in reverse? Do your backup lights work? When the low washer fluid light comes on, does it stay on the same time as the radio stays off?

Check your fuses and see if the radio and washer fluid warning have a common connection, or just note what in on the same fuse as the radio. Check around the back end to see if any wiring problems/shorts are evident.

Clark

Reply to
Clark