2000 F150 exhaust gasket and manifold leak?

F150, supercab 4X4, 5.4 engine - 50, 000 miles - truck seems to have blown the right exhaust gasket, broke 2 bolt (or so I'm told by the mechanic) and have to have the manifols replaced because it's rusted????? I'v reused manifolds from cars 20 years old and there's no problem.

  1. Anyone wlse have similar problems with 50, 000 miles?
  2. I bought this truck new and never received a recall or anything....
  3. did I really need all these parts...today the guys at the garage tells me he may just have to put it together with one broken bolt!?!?!? (or he can dismantle the engine???)

Any advice????

Reply to
jb