F150 Fuel problem

My son has a 1995 F150 with flat 6. Yesterday, he bought gas and was leaving the station and the truck stalled and died. I came to wait with him till AAA arrived to tow him to our mechanic, and asked him if he happened to switch to the other fuel tank. He hadn't, so I switched to the rear tank and the truck started right up. Ran it for a few seconds and switched back to the front tank, and it died within 2 seconds. Repeated this several times and it's apparent that the front tank isn't delivering gas somehow. So we cancelled the wrecker and he put gas in the rear tank, drove it 100 miles or so last night with no problem.

Does this sound like a defective fuel filter, or a clogged gas line? Does this truck have a filter in each fuel line, or a common one? Seems strange that it would die so quickly, that there would be a little gas in the carb that would run it for 30 sec or so even if the fuel supply were cut off. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve