2001 expedition 4.6l runs rough

My 2001 Expedition (60k miles) with the 4.6l stumbles on takeoff and heavy loads. The idle will also quickly jump between 600 and 800 RPMs after it warks up. I was suspecting a coil or plug, but The service engine light is not on and Autozone hooked it up to the computer and it found no problems. That makes me think it is a sensor. Any ieas?

Reply to
BooBoo

One more thing, I just replaced 1/2 of the spark plugs. I checked the resistance on the coils. Two were at 1.0 ohms one was 2.2 ohms and one started at 1.6 and gradually whet to .8 ohms and stayed there. Does this mean anything? Is this the correct way to test the coils?

Reply to
BooBoo

Replaceing the plugs fixed the problem.

Reply to
BooBoo

Hey no problem glad the group could be of some help?????

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry P

That would definately do it because they are different gaps, old vs. new, you'll get different power from the combustion they create because of this difference.

Glad you were able to fix it without too much difficulty.

r/

-IanCT

Reply to
IanCT