2001 f150 7700 - pops of 4x4 low?

A few times today while plowing in 4x4 low, it poped out of gear. this is an automatic. I would just put the tranny in neutral and then push the transfer case back into 4wd low.

Is this normal or does it need service. I am just out of warranty - 36,200 miles. I am the second owner on the truck and it came with the plow from the dealer off of a lease. thanks, John

Reply to
John Cadella

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:38:11 +0000, John Cadella rearranged some electrons to form:

That does not sound normal.

Reply to
David M

The transfer case is probably damaged due to the stress of plowing. I imagine the transmission isn't far behind.

Reply to
Rob Munach

I'll have the dealer check it. I know I have not abused the truck, but I can't vouch for the previous owner.

I was told this 7700 gvwr f150 was factory setup for snow plow prep and tow>

Reply to
John Cadella

I was trying out 4x4 low again last night and it seems I have to push sideways more than I expected to fully seat the lever. I think you are right, something is worn or damged. john

Reply to
John Cadella

I'm not sure what T case you have, perhaps the shift mechanism from the cab lever to the T case simply needs adjustment.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo