Civic or lancer?

wut does better for me a first time buyer

2000 honda 70,000 miles $11,500 or 2002 lancer 49,000 miles $10,500
Reply to
Jarrett Hurd

Im guessing at those prices the Civic is an Si and the Lancer is the lowest model?

Im prolly biased here, but the Civic would be my choice ( if it was an Si ) . But, it depends on who owned it, what mods have performed, etc...

Reply to
JDM Whore via CarKB.com

The Honda without a doubt.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

The civic is my choice but regardless of which one you buy--run a carfax report on it. I once knew someone that purchased a car that had been involved in a major accident. The frame was bent but everything else was repaired or replaced. The new owner did not know about the accident or the bent frame. It was impossible to properly align the front tires due to the bent frame. He replaced the front tires about three to five times during the first year. Someone in the small town eventually informed him about the accident and bent frame. He found a dealership in another city and traded in the used car on a new one. This was many years ago before carfax.com was created. Don't let something like that happen to you--run a carfax report ASAP.

Reply to
Jason