2002 SVT Lightning with only 2# of boost

I was told today by the Ford SVT service department in Fort Wayne, IN that the reason the supercharger will only produce 2# of boost was because I installed stock Ford 150 pickup wheels and tires for winter driving and there are no problems. Ford service departments must think the owners of their porducts are totaly stupid.

Reply to
lblue

Did you change the air in the tires and put "Winter traction" air in them when you put the F150 wheels on ??

If not, then that explains the problem; it's a well documented issue that you will have supercharger boost problems if you don't run the correct air in your tires for the correct season.... Let me guess, you did the typical mistake of changing the tires in the summer with total disregard that you would want to drive the truck in the winter?

:) Perhaps you might be able to make up for the loss if you put one of those eBay marine fan's on the intake with duck tape.... 12 inch exhaust tips will help IF you use yellow and red "NOS" stickers but PLEASE be careful, with that much HP gain, you may not be able to control the vehicle unless you drive it out west on the salt flats were there is a lot of room to slow down, Whatever you do DO NOT use "Type R" stickers as you may reach vehicle speeds in excess of the speed of light and currently there is a federal ban on time travel.

Reply to
The Wes'ter

Everyone wants to be a smart-ass. We all know that the new tires take 134A instead of R-12. I hope he didn't use R-22? I used R-22 one time in an emergency and I contaminated the mix when I put regular air in the tires.

Rita

Reply to
Rita_A_Berkowitz