'84 Ranger 4X4 V6

Getting ready to buy a '84 Ranger 4X4 V6, but know little about them. Can anyone advise me as what to look out for, or even point out their strengths?

Thank you, GC

Reply to
GC

I'd stay away from the '84 with the 2.8. The 2.9 used in the '87s and up is a much nicer engine.

Reply to
JimV
2.9 started in 86

Reply to
TranSurgeon

No, the 2.9 engine started in 1985.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

Yep...I had a '85 Bronco II with the 2.9. Strengths and weakness's? Hell, it's 21 years old. You should be able to get it for a couple hundred bucks. If it runs 3 months and you have to junk it, you will still be money ahead. I sure wouldn't pay anymore.

Reply to
Lance LaFrinier