Oil Question

Does Ford market two types of 5W20 oil - a Super Premium and a Premium Synthetic Blend - or are they really the same? The only one I have ever seen is the Premium Synthetic Blend so I am trying to avoid a costly mistake.

The 2004 Handbook says to use "5W20 Premium Ford Oil (XO-5W20-QSP MLL-82)" but the Handbook supplement says to use "Super Premium" but offers no spec or Ford item numbers.

Any help is appreciated!

RobbC

Reply to
ROBBCWZ

ROBBCWZ opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m29.aol.com:

How could you make a costly mistake? Now matter how they word it, if you can show you used a recommended oil, they have to honor the warranty.

Just go to the parts counter and ask for the oil that belongs in your car..

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Just goto Wal-Mart and get Mobil 1, or order something like Amsoil or Red Line.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]