6.0 liter pullin' happy!

Well, the results are in....... I pulled the Montana 2880rl (10,000lbs loaded) on an extended vacation. Went from Portland, Or to Montana and back. Averaged 10.5mpg and the F-350 didn't even really know it was back there. I went up 6% grades with ease and with the new torqueshift tranny I came back down them in complete control. I never had heating problems (in 90+ degree temps) and the infamous rear main seal leak has yet to show up. Around town I'm getting 17mpg. I haven't had a real chance to run empty on the freeway for any distance so I can't yet report my freeway mileage. As of right now all I can tell you is I AM IN LOVE with my Ford pickup....

To all of the naysayers and trolls I say [big bronx cheer]!!!

2003 Ford F-350 SRW short bed Crew Cab 6.0 liter diesel & Torqueshift auto trans

Pulls:

2003 Keystone Montana 2880rl
Reply to
Ron Kilmer

Ron,

Thanks for the observations...there are a lot of people here in the Houston area that seem to be waiting on positve feed back on the new drivetrain.

Funny, the rear main hasn't been a big problem in this area (mostly flat coastal plains,) but a friend who works at a Ford dealership has replaced a few turbos because of sealing problems though that has been much better lately.

brad/texas

Reply to
B2723m