6.5

I know that the 7.3 ford has moere power, but would a chev 6.5 turbo have any trouble pulling a 32 fifth wheel with a slide.Thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom Postma

the proper place to ask a question about a chevy motor is a chevy site, not a ford site.

Reply to
Falcoon

Reply to
Tom Postma

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:44:03 -0400, Tom Postma rearranged some electrons to form:

Try alt.trucks.chevy.sucks

Reply to
David M

I'm pretty sure it will do the trick as long as all of your towing is done while going downhill.

Reply to
Sudoxe

Hey you guys and gals why give him a hard time . I had Chevys years ago and you may have had one also . He may be changing to Ford as I did , so lets not turn him off yet . : On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:44:03 -0400, Tom Postma rearranged some electrons

Reply to
silverfox

We travel with a bunch of RVers, pulling this size trailer (or a little bigger). Nobody in our group of 25 rigs is using a 6.5 Chevy to pull. A couple of Duramax trucks have shown up, but everybody else is using Fords except for two Dodges. FWIW and YMMV.

John

Reply to
jhharris

Reply to
Tom Postma

A chev 6.5 would have a hard time pulling itself out of a pothole.

Reply to
DG

I don't know about running circles around the 7.3 but yes, there's some more power there. However, you should be looking at what you really need to pull that trailer. From experience, you can find a decent 99-00 Ford PSD for $18-20K and have plenty of power to pull anything you want to. New Fords equipped the way I want one are $45K; the one I drive cost me less than half that and I intend to drive it a long time.

JH

Reply to
jhharris

Get a gas engine then. I've heard of too many problems with the 6.5 to want to own one and the power increase, if there is any, is so minimal over a decent gas engine that it isn't worth the hastle.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Reply to
Tom Postma

OK, I understand now. I bought a 2000 Ford PSD, extended cab dually, with 64K miles in October 2001 for $18K. Admittedly it was a good deal, but they are still selling here in Central Texas for about the same price. I pull a 30 ft fifth wheel and get 12 MPG running about 65-70 MPH; I get 17-18 running with just the bed loaded.

Good luck finding something, but I'd go gas rather than the 6.5 Chevy.

JH

Tom Postma wrote:

Reply to
jhharris