'82 F-100 tire psi?

My old longbed has 15" tires (225 I think), and the markings on the used tires are too worn to read...they all have 25 psi (cold) and I need to know if I can run the truck with 40 or 45 psi? THANKS!! :+) Paul snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
pmbedard

Why not try the tire manufacture website. They would know better.

Jerry P

Reply to
Jerry P

My '81F100 came with Firestone Deluxe Champion tires, 215-15". (I had to keep one as a spare, since it is the only size that will fit the spare tire carrier) Max PSI on the tire is 35 PSI. I read that on both the tire and on the door sticker. Once those original tires wore out, I changed to 235-15", standard load, AS tires. Max PSI on those is 44 PSI.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt
35