1959 f 100

I bought this old truck in Janurary I am having it completly rebuilt. it has the old 292 with the cross over manifolds. I am putting in a mustang front end and steering wheel completely new interior leather new top header and stereo system pioneer the engine is being bored and blu printed and I am having a step side bed put on of the same year. the tappits will be chromed and the cross-over and headers will be chromed all new chrome oh the out side 15'' chrome wheels how much will it be worth when I am finnished also I am tricking out the doorhandles no handel at all just a remote and moving the tank under the bed color metal flake blue new tires rebuilt engine also digatal read out s in the dash for all my gauges and elitric windows anyway if you have a idea of value e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net thank you

Reply to
David Pierce

rebuilt. it

chromed

color

idea of

Personally -- all I can see here is somebody "just spending money to make other people think he's a hot-rodder"

"how much will it be worth when I am finnished " ??? About $5000 less that that you paid for all the "flash"

Reply to
R. Asby Dragon

think I am a hot rodder never have been never will. I am doing this because i want to only reason I just want to so far I have spent 7,000 alot less than some spend on their vehicals. I ain't rich but my kids are grown and its time to do for me and my wife. hot rodder kiss my ass

Reply to
David Pierce

It will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay...... But in my experience, unless you are doing all the labor yourself, you would be lucky to get half of what you spent on it. If you have the money though, and it's what YOU want, then do it! Treat yourself.

Reply to
johnH
59's are not very popular because of the styling. In fact, if you look around you'll realize that around 1960 styling for anything is not popular. It was just a very odd year for styling. The 1960 Cadillacs and Corvettes,which actually are popular, didn't really use 1960 styles. They kind of skipped it. You'll have the only 59 on the road, but it's not going to be a big dollar item. Of course, these days, people are paying a lot of money at auction for some strange stuff.

If it makes you feel better, 59 Chevy trucks are a LOT uglier. The 60 Chevy is so strange I don't think you can call it ugly. It's really a oddball looking vehicle. Especially the cab shape. Compared to them, the 59 Ford is conservatively handsome.

I have a close friend who has one of the best 59s in the country. He hasn't shown it in years, but he went to the F-100 supernationals a loooong time ago with it and was a class winner. His class, 57-60, had about 5 or 6 trucks in it. That's the smallest class. The 53-56 class was many hundreds of trucks. I don't remember how many. The 61-66 classes were also much larger. So that's about how it is.

Reply to
Joe

I guess it will be worth whatever someone will give you for it. You are building it the way you want it, however, so I say it's priceless. Hang onto it and enjoy it. jor

Reply to
jor

look just cause your mama didn't love your ass right don't you can berate some for the hell of it. stay away from hard liquor and take your damn pills you might be ok otherwise your gonna get your ass kicked unless this is the only place you allow yourself to talk like you do. face to face though I would slap your mama's ass for your mouth

Reply to
David Pierce

joe and jor thanks for your insight guysI really did not know much about it now i know a little more than I did I really do appreciate it thanks again David

Reply to
David Pierce

My dear boy, you're letting your country of origin show, nevermind the fact you're using webtv, I happen to like the '57 to '60 F100s, and just happen to dislike the fact that most idiots want to turn them into trailer queens, you see laddy, I inherited my wifes Grandfathers '57 F100, which I restored to a level that Gramma thought He'd have approved of. Not exactly factory original, but pretty close...

Spoken like a true internet badass, Well, sonny, I'll send you my address, and wait with baited breath for you to show up at my door, how does that sound?? How about we meet somewhere in public?? Just so you can ignore the fact that I'm not what you expect?? I'll be at the Monroe Wa Swap Meet this weekend, Selling parts for Y-blocks, I won't be too hard to find... Drop by, if you want to kick my ass...

No d*****ad, I talk like this all the time,

Unless you want to dig her up, I highly doubt you have the balls to slap anyones face...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha