88 ranger truck

I have a 88 ranger pickup gas gauge is not working could someone tell me where I would find the fuel sending unit and is it hard to replace?

Reply to
uvdoc

You have to drop the tank to fix it, either that or remove the bed. I've been told that it's easier to unbolt and remove the bed. You may find that the problem is not with the sender, but with the float instead.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

NAPA, Carquest, and Ford to name a few. Drop the tank, and put it in. Never seen a float in a gas tank go bad in my 30 years of professional mechanican'.

Steve Barker

On Sat 30 Jul 2005 06:45:29p, uvdoc assaulted the computer and came up with this:

I agree with CJB, pull the bed! I've done it on both of my rangers, twice on my current one. 6 bolts, unhook the filler neck, unplug the wiring harness in the back... two bubbas or an engine hoist (we used a tractor with a baling spike and some hd ratchet straps) can lift the bed off easily.

Reply to
Dave...