Towing Focus Group Test Drive

Just returned from towing 10k# with a Dodge, Chevy and Ford diesel,

250/2500.

I own a 2005 F-250 but after driving all three ... one right after the other ... I'm more convinced that Ford has the best tow vehicle hands down.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I use my '99 F350 7.3PS dually in my grading business to tow around my skid steer and tractor. Some are faster, some are quieter, but nothing will pull like this truck, I've tried them all.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Snoman,

I just can't see myself saying "I can't buy that one because it fusses too much" or, "it sounds too busy".

If you consider those things, then you need to be driving a little hybrid car.

Trucks are trucks.

You should hear my '88 Western Star with a 470 Caterpillar, dual stacks and no mufflers, when it's pulling 54,000 lbs out of the quarry.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

hmmmm...sounds to me like I wouldn't want to listen without some heavy duty ear muffs on....lol

Reply to
David Coleman

I tried lowering the exhaust stacks on it some time ago, so I could get under the "pug mill" at the quarry.

It was so loud, I couldn't hear the truck radio or my Nextel radio even with the windows up.

But the power it makes without the mufflers is worth it. I think.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Be wary of hearing loss, Spdloader. Everything about it sucks.

Bill M

Reply to
Bill M

Thanks man, I sort of know what you're talking about. I spent 11 years around weapons as a firearms instructor, then went to Bosnia, then worked in an auto garage.

I have a little tinnitus.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

My Windows XP startup sound is a old Ford 6.9L service truck that didn't want to start, but eventually did. It's a large file, but I'll email it to anyone who wants it. My computer starts up with a much nicer sound than the standard Microsoft "pretty bells."

You won't hear tinnitus while your computer is starting up.

Got hearing aids? They make diesals sound like they should.

Bill M

Reply to
Bill M