90,000 mile tune up?

What is all involved with a 90k tuneup?

TIA

Reply to
Simpledog

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:50:53 +0000, Simpledog rearranged some electrons to form:

On what?

Reply to
David M

F250

Reply to
Simpledog

Year? Engine? Transmission?

Reply to
I. Care

maybe this isn't helpful, but I find it necessary to say the "tune ups" are really just promotions tell sell you host of parts and replacements... In terms of simple mathmatics it's hard to imagine that all things expire at intervals of five or ten or fifteen, and if if they did, that 90 would even be a logical denominator... best way is simply learn your own intervals... at around 90... you may want to consider changing the differential fluid... serpentines can go as early as 45, so even if you've already replaced it once, you may want to check it for wear and tension... other than that... check your fluids and filters on your own... Some will suggest changing the timing belt/chain, but if you have already, then there's no reason to worry... they should last at least 60,000. Also, you may want to have a mechanic just glance over the U-Joints at the axles and at the center-support bearing. Final note: no one seems to have a consistent opinion of when to change fuel filters... I've heard all sort of numbers...

20,000-25,000 seems logical interval. hope this helped...
Reply to
proteus

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:17:04 -0800, proteus rearranged some electrons to form:

OR better yet, follow the service schedule in the owner's manual.

Reply to
David M

Reply to
Simpledog

I am with david on this, but watch what schedule you follow in your service manual. There is no such thing as NORMAL driving conditions, especially if you are drive an F-250, if that thing hasnt seen extreme driving conditions then you dont need it. I will tell you that I own a 2000 Ford Ranger Trailhead. It has 3.0L V-6 w/5spd standard tranny @ 99,000mi. I did my first tune-up at 50,000, which consisted of new spark plugs and wires, and a coolant flush. I change my oil every 2-4,000mi, fuel filter every 20,000, and rotate and balance tires every 6,000. I also get my tranny (which runs regular mercon tranny fluid) checked every oil change and change the fluid every 30-40,000. I do these maint. intervals because my truck has never seen anywhere near normal driving. I bought the truck in Seattle with stop-and-go traffic. Drove it from Seattle to Kansas a couple times, and then to San Diego, and then on to Mississippi. It has pulled trailers, hauled hay, rocks, furniture, etc.. and it is now being used as a pizza delivery vehicle part time. So as you can see my truck is definitely under severe driving conditions almost all the time. So, spend a little now, or a lot later. You decide. Pk

Reply to
pkurtz2