91 f150 towing capacity

got a 91 f150 4.9l efi 4x2, recently had aod tranny rebuilt w/ heavy duty torq conv installed. any ideas what my towing capacity would be? wanna get a travel trailer.

Reply to
mkm

with an AOD ?

forget it

the AOD's infamous 'chug-a-lug' third gear will drive you nuts

Reply to
TranSurgeon

so i cant, or i wont?

Reply to
mkm

so i cant, or i wont?

Reply to
mkm

You still have your owner's manual? It'll tell you in plain language what the towing capacity is with your engine, transmission, and gear ratio combination.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

What gear ratio in the differential? It makes a big difference.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

ever consider a pop up trailer?

Reply to
Joe G

Reply to
Jim Gemmill

you're not REAL familiar with how the AOD is set up, are you ?

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

TranSurgeon

oh, wow

I'm impressed

so tell me what the power flow is in an AOD in 3rd................this bears directly upon the problems found when towing with one

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Gee I did not know there was "bears" in a AOD. That is news to me! You are just looking to start something here and if I answer your question, and pass your "test" then what gonna be the next one?

Reply to
SnoMan

hey, YOU are the one who claimed extensive knowledge of the workings of the AOD

if you don't know, just say so and we'll forget it.......BUT

I notice you've posted your 'knowledge' to all the truck groups the last few days, including that howler about the 'slug of freon or oil' in the evaporator of a GM AC ..............

your kind comes and goes with regularity around here.......now, about how the AOD works............ball's in your court, bucko.

Reply to
TranSurgeon