93 4x4 Ranger

I was driving on the highway at 60 mph , the i heard a hissing sound and a bang after that my truck dint have no more gears working....i could put it in 1st to 5th and let go the clutch and nothing would happen , i then tried to put it on 4x4 low ( without my front hubs engage ) and the truck started to move forward , working in every gears but only in 4x4 low ...I tried to put it back in high gear but staid in 4x4 low ......Could this be something in the tranfer case ( main high broken ????) or could it be that tranfer case gear selecter electric motor ??????

Thankx for the help

Reply to
TheKiD

Are you sure the gears are engaging on the transmission? IIRC those Mazda transmissions were noted to leak until they'd be low enough on lube to break.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

This happened to my 2wd Ranger, the fluid leaking out thing. It leaks out at the top of the transmission around 3 rubber plugs about the size of a quarter. But from what I remember, the transmission in the 4wd Rangers are different than the 2wd models. I know because I called all around the area looking for one to fit my truck and couldn't find one anywhere.

Sounds more like an electrical/vacuum problem with the 4wd button to me, but this is just my opinion.

Good luck with it, Sharky

Reply to
Sharky