93 F-150 gets fuel and Spark but does not start

Hello,

I have a 1993 F-150 XLT, AT 5 Leter. It gets fuel and a spark but doesn't start. It just keeps cranking. I put in a new battery and gave it an oil change. Still nothing.

Ive pulled the codes and it says its all good.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Reply to
Melborne Kinti

"Melborne Kinti" wrote: (1993 F-150 XLT AT, 5L)

It gets fuel and a spark but doesn't start. It just keeps cranking. I've pulled the codes and it says it's all good. I put in a new battery and gave it an oil change. Still nothing. Can anyone help? _____________________________________________

Something is missing from the description of the symptoms. If there is spark and fuel, it must chug, or backfire, or puke fuel, or smoke, or burst into flames. Something will happen.

Can you provide a more detailed description of exactly what is happening; something more than "it just keeps cranking".

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

I'll add to it, how do you know its getting fue? Have you checked fuel pressure with a guage?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Sounds like fuel. You should hear the fuel pump run for about 2 seconds when the key is first turned on.

Reply to
TOBMA

I don't know how you know or think it is getting fuel. Spark is easy. If you are seeing fuel pressure by depressing the schrader valve, that does not mean it is getting fuel. If it is getting fuel pressure, that still does not mean it is getting fuel. It only means fuel is available at the injectors. Are the plugs wet? It may be getting too much fuel. If that is the case, try flooring the throttle while you crank on it for about 10 seconds. This should clear the excess fuel if that is the case. If that does not work, try pumping the throttle just like on an old car engine. This will tell the ECM to give it more fuel. If one of these does it, it may be just a fluke occurance or indication of a problem. You should pull the codes for any stored fault codes and run a complete self test for operating faults. If I were taking a WAFG, I would suspect the ECT sensor which tells the ECM the tempreature of the engine. This is not the same sensor that operates the panel guage.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut