95 ranger speakers?

I replaced my radio because I was losing the fronts speakers. (intermittently) I put in another factory radio that I bought off eBay and I still have the same problem. What could be causing this. Is there a trick to removing my door panels. Someone suggested that it could be my speakers. Thanks for the help. Rob

Reply to
Rob

Could also be the wires where they go into the door. From years of opening the door they sometimes break.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Take out all the screws you can find, get a clip removal tool from AZ or someplace to take the window crank clip off, pop any clips that hold it, lift the door trim straight up to remove it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On my '92 Explorer, which may have the same or similar speakers, the foam that holds the cone on the speakers deteriorated. I stuck some small blocks of foam rubber (about 1" X 2") at each end and they sound OK but still have some distortion at certain frequencies.

When you remove the plastic plug thingies that hold on the door make sure you pry directly under it or they make break. They may break anyway...

Reply to
Ulysses