98' F-150 brakes/anti-lock problem

Thanks everyone for the great advice I read here daily. Now I hope someone can help me.

98' F150 100,000 miles

When I brake at a light or off ramp and hit a pothole or bump in the road, my brake petal goes to the floor and I hear a clicking sound in the dash. I assume it is the anti-lock indicator. If I take my foot off the bake and re-apply I can come to a normal stop, but I have had a few close calls.

I took the truck to Sears 4 months ago for brakes and got rear shoes. They said everyhing else was fine.

Any ideas? I'd like to some talking points for when I take it to the dealership for service.

Thanks again, JR

Reply to
JR

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:37:38 -0500, JR rearranged some electrons to form:

1.Check the fluid level 2.Have the brakes bled. 3.Take it back to the idiots at Sears, and let one of their monkeys drive it. Hopefully it will scare the living sh*t out of him and they will fix the problem.

If they got the self-adjusters mixed up from side to side, the brakes would actually become looser as they self-adjusted over time. Just a thought.

Reply to
David M