99 SD CC 4x4 CD player question.

O.K. Some dumbass, me, stuck a second disc into the in-dash single disc player. So, I got a clean soda straw, folded back the end and flattened the whole thing and stuck it into the loading slot and hooked the top disc and pulled it out. No problem. Until I tired to play a disc. It tries, then tells me the disc is not valid. I tried several music CDs. I'm guessing that when I stuck the straw in, I farked up something (ya think!) Any way to remove the face without taking the whole dash apart to get at the stereo? I'm thinking I may has torn off a piece of felt and it's covering the lens.

Any help?

Reply to
Jeepers

You don't have to remove the dash to get the stereo out. There are four holes around the unit, you can buy tools to fit in them to remove the unit, look at your local parts store. Four pieces of steel wire also work, but it is a tad challenging.

Reply to
Chris Hill

What kind of tools? Are these some kind of push-and-release or twist-out as in threaded? Are we talking hex head or torx?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeepers

I cut both the ends off a coat hanger, using them making two U shaped tools. They should be about 3-1/2 inches long. Bend the U just a bit until the ends fit the holes on either side of the radio. Push them in roughly an inch and then away from the face plate at the same time, releasing pressure in the inner springs, then while still applying outward pressure, pull the radio unit out. It may take a good deal of pressure, since the coat hanger wire is a bit smaller in diameter than the tools made to do this, but it works just fine for me.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I think I understand. Thanks!

Reply to
Jeepers

You're welcome, email me direct if you need further. I'll be back in after

4:00.

Spdloader to email remove the nospamdot snipped-for-privacy@nospamdottriad.rr.com

Reply to
Spdloader

Ah, I'll not be messing with it til tomorrow. Thanks!

Reply to
Jeepers

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:53:44 -0600, Jeepers rearranged some electrons to form:

Or Wal-mart has the tool for a few bucks, if you don't want to mess with making one.

Reply to
David M