Adding remote door locks to F150.

I just bought a 97 F150 XLT that has power door locks, but they're not remote operated. Is it possible to add the remote system by adding the module and/or relays?

Reply to
Bodine

I have a 2001 Chevy with the same deal...power locks but no remote operation. I am considering having a remote auto-start added and the technician said it can be added easily..I don't recall the exact cost amount, but I seem to recall it would only add $25 to $35 to the entire project.

Adding the remote locks by itself would be more because the remote controller was already included with the auto-start package.

Reply to
Advocate

I'm not sure about the F series, but I can tell you that for SOME 97 Ford cars, like the Escort I used to have, you could just pick up and program the remotes.

The truck might have come with remotes and they've since been lost.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

With Chevrolet there's a code in the VIN that tells you if the vehicle left the factory with remote locks...Probably the same with Ford. I'd think a google search would turn up that information.

Reply to
Advocate

Yes. Take it to your neighborhood car alarm dealer. They have all of the stuff. They can even make manual locks operate by remote, if you needed that -- but you don't.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

i bought a "bulldog" kit for 40.00 at pep boys and it took 2 hours to figure out how and install it. works grea now 3 years. old john

Reply to
ajeeperman