Advice: 2003 4X4 Roaring Sound

I bought a 2003 Ford F150 4X4 XLT from a dealer. It's perfect, except when I use the high and especially the low 4X4 I get quite a roaring sound from under the truck. Is this normal?

I've driven Ford F150s for years, but never had a 4X4. On that note, any advice about using 4X4s in the snow and hauling firewood up somewhat steep inclines?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael