Amps, ammeter starter question

I'm replacing the 60-0-60 aftermarket ammeter with a digital one with a shunt. My question is how many amps should I configure this thing to?

How many amps is the greatest that will pass through the system when it starts? Or how many amps does the battery crank out when the truck is starting? The 60-0-60 gauge I'm replacing merely wobbles a bit, I have no clue how much goes through it.

Reply to
Larry

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:54:06 -0600, Larry rearranged some electrons to form:

Starting current does not go through the ammeter.

Reply to
David M

Reply to
johnny