anti-freeze leak

I noticed I was losing a very small amount of AF, and went investigating. I see a small leak of the stuff right around the front pulley/ harmonic area. Any ideas whats going on? What do I need to do?

I have a 96 F150, 5.8

Reply to
Dave Lee

"" wrote: > I noticed I was losing a very small amount of AF, and went > investigating. I > see a small leak of the stuff right around the front pulley/ > harmonic area. > Any ideas whats going on? What do I need to do? > > I have a 96 F150, 5.8

Water pump,there is a weap hole on the underside of the water pump and when the seals fail it leaks out this hole.

Reply to
Shakes73

Sounds to me like (knowing absolutely nothing about that engine) that you need a water pump.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Yep classic sign of early pump failure.

Reply to