any opinions on 2003 F250 HD 6.0L Diesel?

Any opinions on 2003 F250 HD 6.0L Diesel?

I might buy one.

thanks, ph.

Reply to
Peter Hodgins

They're quiet. That's the only good thing I'll say about it.

Reply to
Luke

OK - quiet is good BUT have you had issues w/ reliability, fuel consumptionvs power/torque ???? I am considering an 04 F350 Lariat and have heard various vague "issues" were to be found w/ the 03 version BUT have been "assured" that "all that is behind us" or similar words from a couple of dealerships.

Any comments appreciated - THX

Luke wrote:

Reply to
Gary Stier

"6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super-Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models."

You'll get plenty opinions on the new PSD. BTW, it's "SD" (Super Duty) not "HD" (Heavy Duty.)

--frosty

Reply to
frostalicious

I recently bought a new 2003 leftover for the $2K rebate. After one month and two thousand miles, I've had no problems. I didn't let the (deserved) bad press stop me from buying my truck because of the 100K warranty and the otherwise strong attributes of the engine/transmission. It really is impressive. Plus, most of the problems were with earlier builds, and my truck was built late in the model year.

Reply to
XLanManX

I just bought a 2004 F250 SD 4x4 FX4 6.0L Diesel Longbed Lariat a month ago. I already have 1,300 miles on it. Last Friday, 10/24/03, I pulled a 21' fiberglass boat weighing over 5,000 lbs. and really didn't even know it was back there. I drives so smooth, so easily, so powerful. Without the boat, it's a screamer -- 0-60mph in practically nothing flat (rather decent street competition for the older Mustang 5.4L's, even for a diesel!). :)

The real question is: what do you plan on doing with it? Pulling a boat or travel trailer? If you're going to be pulling a 5th Wheel, I'd definitely recommend the F350 Dually (dually not an option on the F250's), as a 5th Wheel trailer can weigh much more than a regular trailer.

BTW, if you are thinking you might tow a trailer, make sure you get the truck with the tow package already installed -- it makes getting the electric brake controller installed much easier, as the wiring, solenoids and fuses are already installed for you.

--Stuart

I might buy one.

thanks, ph.

Reply to